It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Winning then loosing

Ultra Poster
Ultra Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

english rugby has got worse since the world cup. This is due to half of the team retiring after winning the cup. Therefore, alot of new players have been selected and don't have the experience of the older players. And it anoys me when people say "We beat the world champions, your naff" because they haven't beaten them, they have beaten a new team becasue m ost of the world champion players have left!!!!

Doesn't that anoy every sport fan when they win a cup, and then ost of the players leave and then they start to loose? Because it anoys me!!

Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:52 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
That's the way the world works. You are successful, then you can retire.

Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:28 pm 

Post Post subject:

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Its the same with GPs in the 1950's every champion (exept Fangio) retired as soon as they won the championship.

We know its not fair, the world isnt fair!

Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:50 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

The reason [b:f4995a0bac]most[/b:f4995a0bac] people have ambition is to get rich and laze about after.

Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:24 pm 

Post Post subject:

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

They werent paid much back then.

Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:24 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

They were still paid enough...

Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:12 pm 

Post Post subject:

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Not really. They did it for the love of the sport. A lot of them died in the call of duty to the races. The fifties and sixties were littered with deaths. Ascari was the best of them to die. 1994 was the last time (aryton Senna) then 1982 Gilles Villeneuve and then 1979 the only posthumous world champion Jochen Rindt. Before then they were dyng all over the shot. It was a very dark time for the sport.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:28 pm 
 Profile E-mail