It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Underworld: Rise of the Lycans.

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: khensu287
Well me and the better half watched this on Wednesday (good old Orange Wednesdays lol)

Needless to say its actually quite a good film! With many good fight scenes between Vampires and Lycans, i was quite impressed with the action scenes.

The movie starts by explaining the birth of Lucien (Michael Sheen). The first Lycan to be born in a human form (as all other lycans were turned immortal by William...if you dont know who William is, he is THE FIRST lycan, with an uncontrolable thirst that cannot be slaked)

Lucien becomes the "favoured" one of Viktor (Bill Nighy)....which although hes favoured, hes still treated as a slave. But Lucien becomes subject to the ultimate taboo, he falls in love with Viktors daughter Sonja (Rhona Mitra) and needless to say they do the dirty, and she gets pregnant with a hybrid.

When Viktor finds out his daughter has "betrayed" him by tainting the bloodline, he sets out to punish them both. Lucien manages to escape the castle with several other Lycans including his right hand man Raze (Kevin Grevioux), but Sonja stays behind to try and pacify Viktor. Well while Lucien is out in the wilds freeing slaves from other Noble Houses, he offers them freedom, or also immortality as a Lycan whilst trying to build a sizeable force to take the fight to the Vampires.

Whilst in a forest....Lucien finds a small cave enterance that opens out into a fugging massive cavern (which happens to be filled to the brim of Lycans that do not have the ability to change into a human form as they were changed by pure bloods (William) and he rallys them to his cause.

Returning to the castle to free Sonja, Viktors plans are already in motion and Lucien is recaptured and forced to watch Sonja burn to death (as you see in the first movie). In rage he transforms, breaks his chains and makes for the outside of the castle, making it to the top of the battlements before being assaulted by Vampires, he howls at the top of his lungs....and within a few seconds, an entire fugging force of lycans are charging down the hills to take their bloody revenge on the covenant.

<insert bloody battle here>

Lucien goes after Viktor on his own to try and kill the man that murdered his beloved, but as we all know, Viktor survives and escapes with the sleeping bodies of the other council members (Amelia and Markus).

Really good movie and worth a watch for anyone who enjoys a bit of fantasy/sci-fi. Only thing the movie DIDNT explain is Kravens pact with Lucien, so i think they might try and squeeze another movie out and fit him in somewhere...one thing ill also say is whoever designed the outfits for the movie is a legend, because the clothing they had dressed the vampires in really fitted well with the time period (as in the style) and also the dark, brooding mood of the covenant.

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0834001/ - link to the IMDB trailers and information on the movie.

Cheers
Pebbles

Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:05 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Underworld: Rise of the Lycans.

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Thanks for that, I've been considering watching it. CBA to go to the cinema, so might get it on DVD or the student cinema will probably have it next term.

I was wondering if it was actually going to be any good, but obviously it is.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:08 am 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: gozzer25
Well I'm not 18 so I can't actually watch it. Although I probably could buy tickets for something else and sneak in but I can't be arsed to do that. Last time we ended up watching High School Musical 3 instead of Saw 5 :no:

Ah well. The first two are on Film 4 tonight I think, so I will probably just watch them instead :P

Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:11 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage

Whatever you do make sure you DO watch the other two BEFORE you watch this one....i know they wouldnt be in order, but christ i had to explain virtually the entire film to the mrs cos she didnt understand it :S

Pebs

Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:39 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Michael Sheen is pure class in this film.

Just like he was in Shawn of the Dead.

He's just naturally intimidating.

You like Orange eh.

Look at the trousers... the trousers...
You can't get this image out of your head, can you?

Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:16 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage

azcn2503 wrote:
Michael Sheen is pure class in this film.

Just like he was in Shawn of the Dead.

He's just naturally intimidating.

You like Orange eh.

Look at the trousers... the trousers...
You can't get this image out of your head, can you?

Michael Sheen is a brilliant actor. Also just cant get over the guy who plays Raze (Kevin Grevioux), his voice is fugging intimidating!

Actually i can get the image out of my head considering i cant see it >< work filters all images and videos lol...

Pebbles

Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:27 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Just wait til you get home ;)

Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:36 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

When you see it, you'll shit bricks.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:51 pm 

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Gozzer wrote:
Well I'm not 18 so I can't actually watch it. Although I probably could buy tickets for something else and sneak in but I can't be arsed to do that. Last time we ended up watching High School Musical 3 instead of Saw 5 :no:

Ah well. The first two are on Film 4 tonight I think, so I will probably just watch them instead :P

Yeah... I watched them... End of the second one is horrifically gory... :| Markus (Some Vampire/Demon Hybrid thing) gets pushed into a helicopter blade :| Its nasty as... Tbh, I dont even know what I watched it... It was so damned gory... :(

Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:23 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

The gore was fine, it's an 18 for a reason. The actual film was pretty good as a whole aswell.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:29 am 

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Yeah... but I don't like gore that much :/ xD I was like properly going "eww!" outloud xD Wasnt scary, just nasty to watch imo xD

Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:41 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Most gore doesn't phase me. Only stuff that phases me is stuff I can easily empathise with, ie not OTT pains that hurt. I don't think I can empathise with being blendered.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:56 pm 

Ultra Poster
Ultra Poster

Steam Login Name: kris_to_offer
The movie is good.. maybe you told a bit to much?:D

Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:07 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Gore?
Hmph, call me wierd but I find it quite satisfying to see someone being ripped to shreds by a helicopter blade, just like I enjoy seeing me as a Hunter ripping the characters in L4D apart... the sort of satisfaction I should probably talk to my psychiatrist about (Skillers).
I'm a doctor: everyone looks like a lump of meat to me that I can sink needles into.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:42 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I'm your psychiatrist!? Why aren't I getting paid!

Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:44 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

You're a free psychiatrist + take it out of my donations.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:47 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I'm going to start charging £50/hr, 80% to the servers, lol.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:14 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Hmph, you do that, but you never cured my anger management problem... so now I'm extremely angry with you....

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:31 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Well you never paid me!

Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:33 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Hmph, you said you were a free psychiatrist...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:41 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I don't remember saying that ^^

Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:44 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

You never requested payment... = you're a free psychiatrist, and a damn good one.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:14 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Multi Poster
Multi Poster

Steam Login Name: russ123p
yh ive sin this film it was pretty awesome :D
a gr8t way 2 sum up the story of the other 2 by having a prequel

Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail