It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:39 am

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Movies That ROCK

Dominating
Dominating
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I want to know all the movies that ROCK, for example i will start it off Waynes World 1 and 2 gr8, by mike myers, and team america world police, they all ROCK a must see

Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:23 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Lets get the classics out the way:

The Matrix - Best fight seens ever, though 2&3 were too "clean" in appearance to make it as good as the first.

The Lord of The Rings - epic battles, epic triogy, epic story. EPIC!!! (don't start going on about the books, i know they've great, but this is one of the best book to films ever!)

James Bond - twenty of the greatest films ever!!! Love the gadgets!

Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:31 pm 

Post Post subject:

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
The Star Wars saga! The geataest movie series ever! In toatl it has got more at the box offcie than any other film series!

Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:32 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Woops, I knew I missed something. Though I doubt it's totalled more than the James Bond series!

Ocean's Eleven - one of the best written movies ever. Ocean's Twelve wasn't as good, though.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:00 pm 

Post Post subject:

Dominating
Dominating

Star Wars isnt that gr8..........NERD, go to [url=http://]here[/url]to find out y, this says it all. But oceans 11 that rocked, how bout the monty python films?

Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Erm, ur link isn't a link - it just goes to http:// - there is no website.

Monty Python is really a film, just a bunch of comic shorts (that are absoloutely random and hilarious), therefore isn't really for this topic, but it is your topic, so you decide!

Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:24 pm 

Post Post subject:

Dominating
Dominating

no thats monty pythons flying circus, there are monty python films, which one of them is a load of sketches, but the others are to a story, and sory bout my link, any way, its on the black flash site, i wont make a link here so bugger off. its callesd coan triumph dog somethin so watch it, its under videos, he torments the nerds standing in line for attcack of the clones. And then he finally brings out a vulcan to piss them off, it is great, a must see.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:33 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Oh, KK, I'm no Monty Python expert.

I can't find the link on Black Flash - The "Star Wars" link doesn't work and I can't see any other links that would be for the right thing.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:37 pm 

Post Post subject:

Dominating
Dominating

is this in the animations or movie section, cos the animation one i dont think does but under videos, im sure, i tried it

Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:02 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I went in videos. I'll have another look later.

Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:21 pm 

Post Post subject:

Dominating
Dominating

kwl, but yer, movies that rock, hitch hikers guide to the galaxy, i no for a fact that Mr Admin recently accquired the DVD, it rocks, so it is not similar to the book, radio show, or bbc production, but its close and bloody funny. Anyway douglas adams, or whatever his name is did write most of this.

Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:47 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

The actual script was written in the early eighties by Douglas Adams.

Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:45 am 

Post Post subject:

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage

Well you all probably won't agree with my favourite movies but I'll list them anyway. Actually I doubt many of you will have seen any of them!

Phantom of the Opera - Yes it's a musical, and a very good adaption from the stage at that (not that I've ever seen the stage version :(). Some of the special effects are impressive, I especially like the cobwebs to clean bit.

The Garden State - Bit difficult to explain why I like it, uplifting storyline, plus this film was recommended to me by a male uni friend.

A Very Long Engagement - Set in the 1st world war, brilliant storyline although you do need to concentrate as it is in French with English subtitles.

Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:08 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Nope, haven't watched any of those! The only one I knew what the vauge story was was Phantom, and I'd heard of A very Long Engagement, but didn't have a clue what it was about.

Men In Black is a good comedy/action film. Quite a lot of the recent cartoon adaptions are alright, aswell.

Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:01 pm 

Post Post subject:

Double Poster
Double Poster

phantom of the opera is a wicked fils so is without a paddle its bloody hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:48 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Dominating
Dominating

yeah, i want to see both of those, saw the trailers and stuff, they both looked good.

Another great movie is South Park, the movie is so funny, wiv saddam and everything, and bill gates gets shot. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY, a must see

Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:59 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Dominating
Dominating

i have to agree with starbucks about the star wars films they are unbeliveable how much do you want to bet that a cinema somewhere is going to do a starwars film marathon and watch all of them at once. however i have been there done that and would of got the tshirt if i felt like making one lol.

But my favourite film trilogy is the lord of the rings the fellowship the two towers and the return f the king.

don,t you reakon that they should make film of the hobbit, i mean it is already a game so make it a film but if they do make it into a film they should realy make the scouring ofthe shire as well.

actually blow all that i tell you what they should do is do the film properly by the books i cant stand films that miss out alot of the important things from a book, ok it would be about as twice as long as it is already but it would be really cool.

Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:27 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yeah, the problem with doing everything from the books is length, they have to have it short enough for 1 viewing. They avtually do make the entire book, but then they cut some to make it shorter. You can see thois if you get the LOTR expanded DVDs.

Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:37 am 

Post Post subject:

Dominating
Dominating

I find they miss out a hell of a lot of stuff, and also make the characters different, cant remember it exactly, ud get it if i told u here, but one of the characters acts the way they do for a reason, they make him seem just crazed, but im not gonna describe now, almost cant type

Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:07 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Dominating
Dominating

league of gentlemen appocolypse rocks by the way

Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Most books cannot be done straight to film, as they wouldn't make a great film. They have to be tweaked to make it better.

Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:03 am 

Post Post subject:

Dominating
Dominating

sometimes, but lord of the rings didnt have to be tweaked as much as it was, u can only get most of the story if u read LOTR, and they missed out in the fellowship a load about that riddle guy i think it was in early chapters, and they meet Ents there

Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:52 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Dominating
Dominating

Some thing that do like in the lotr films is that fact that they elaborate on the fighting scenes a lot more but not to much they have the right balence which is acctualy very hard to do

in the book there is not a lot of description about the fight scenes which makes me quetion j.r.r tolkiens writhing abilities

Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:10 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

It's very hard to write about battles. It's just the way it is. For example the new Narnia film has a 10 minute battle that has only half a page in the book.

Films always have more action that the books they are based on, otherwise they wouldn't do so well.

Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:16 pm 

Post Post subject:

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: wigouche
the prob with fight scenes in books are that u cant hide the violence if u describe it but in a film u can as u can put in suggested violence this is asecialy ture in storys for yong people they don't want to desturbe them so the mis most of it out but when they make the film the alaborate it and raise the age rating to suit

Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:33 am 
 Profile E-mail