It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: A MOTORSPORTS FORUM?!

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: rct2100
I didn't even ask for it! xD

A whole forum for me to play in... How welcoming! :D

Well, as you all know, This years F1 season is coming to an end...

1. Lewis Hamilton McLaren Mercedes 84
2. Felipe Massa Ferrari 79
3. Robert Kubica BMW Sauber 72
4. Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari 63
5. Nick Heidfeld BMW Sauber 56

As you can tell, with only 2 races left, only the top 3 drivers can win the championship. Ofcourse, Kubica has an outside chance (and must score 2 more points than Hamilton, and finish directly behind Massa, or beat them both) to stay in with a title shout until the last round.

Heading into this weekend's GP, of the top three, Kubica is the on form man. Massa and Hamilton both had scruffy races in the last few, while Kubica has still been scoring consitent points. The 5 point gap is enough for Hamilton to finish second behind Massa in both races and still take the title (by a point). However, I think Hamilton has different ideas...

Hes been quickest in both Friday practice sessions at Shanghai today, and is looking on course to probably get pole in the early hours of tomorrow morning... His qualifying form of late has been a bit all over the place tho (only just getting into the top ten in both Italy and Singapore). Massa has also been doing well, while Kubica has been fairly off the pace.

The Renaults are also flying at Shanghai, and after Alonso's double victories in Singapore and then Japan, they are truly buzzing for a third straight win. If they are as down on horsepower as they say they are, that is one hell of a chassis! The Toyota's are going reasonably well too, and could Torro Rosso spring another surprise after Vettel's storming victory in Italy? Maybe only if it rains...

As for the rest, Honda are currently languishing bottom of the time sheets, but Force India hasnt scored any points at all this season... Both of these are looking to next for a decent challenge with some new rules to help spice up the action....

Phew... longest post for awhile! :D

Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:32 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: A MOTORSPORTS FORUM?!

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Wait, wait, it wasn't you who asked for this? THEN WHO WAS IT!?!?!

Anyway, I hope Hamilton wins, he does deserve it after nearly winning last year (in the lead all champ?) and the same this year.

Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:58 pm 

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

I didn't ask! I didnt even reply to the PM xD Woops :P

I'll be glad as long as Massa doesn't win it. Hamilton deserves it because of all the shit penalties theyve been giving him.... And for Kubica to win would be an absolute dream :D

Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:13 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: kyhas
dave's now like a kid in a candy store.

Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:56 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Qualifying results:

1. HAMILTON McLaren
2. RAIKKONEN Ferrari
3. MASSA Ferrari
4. ALONSO Renault
5. KOVALAINEN McLaren
6. HEIDFELD** BMW
7. VETTEL Toro Rosso
8. TRULLI Toyota
9. BOURDAIS Toro Rosso
10. PIQUET Renault
11. KUBICA BMW
12. GLOCK Toyota
13. BARRICHELLO Honda
14. ROSBERG Williams
15. COULTHARD Red Bull
16. WEBBER Red Bull*
17. NAKAJIMA Williams
18. BUTTON Honda
19. SUTIL Force India
20. FISICHELLA Force India

*10-place grid penalty for engine change
** Possible penalty for holding up Coulthard in Q1

Thats the grid... Maybe Ferrari are going to try and ram Hamilton off the road again to get him a penalty... I don't know... WHy did Kubica have to be so crap today! :( Anyway, possible rain in the race, which would suit the McLarens far better than the Ferraris. Race Live is on tomorrow morning at 7am :)

Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:13 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Skillers wrote:
Wait, wait, it wasn't you who asked for this? THEN WHO WAS IT!?!?

I added it cos I knew DHR would want it sooner or later :P

Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:51 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Cheers Si :)

1. HAMILTON McLaren
2. MASSA Ferrari +14.9s
3. RAIKKONEN Ferrari +16.4s
4. ALONSO Renault +18.3s
5. HEIDFELD BMW +28.9s
6. KUBICA BMW +33.2s
7. GLOCK Toyota +41.7s
8. PIQUET Renault +56.6s
9. VETTEL Toro Rosso +64.3s
10. COULTHARD Red Bull +74.8s
11. BARRICHELLO Honda +85.0s
12. NAKAJIMA Williams +90.8s
13. BOURDAIS Toro Rosso +91.4s
14. WEBBER Red Bull +92.4s
15. ROSBERG Williams +1 lap
16. BUTTON Honda +1 lap
17. FISICHELLA Force India +1 lap
R. KOVALAINEN McLaren +7 laps
R. SUTIL Force India +43 laps
R. TRULLI Toyota +54 laps

Was the result. Massa obviously only got second because Raikkonen let him through. Shame Kubica is now out of contention tho, but an excellent drive from 11th on the grid to 6th. Kovalainen parked it with dead brakes, Sutil's engine expired and Trulli retired from bas accident damage in a first corner incident with Bourdais. Other than that, the race was pretty dull and straight foward. No accidents, no problems for anyone.

Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:53 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

So how many races are there left and where does Hamilton need to come.

Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:22 pm 

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Theres one race left :)

Hamilton is 7 points ahead.

So Massa has to win with Hamilton coming lower than 5th to win the championship. So Hamilton basically needs to finish in the top 5 :)

Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:31 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Ah, so he just needs to not screw up. Where's the last race?

Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:38 pm 

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Brazil.

Home turf for Massa. And he also loves the place so he is odds on for the win... Its on November 1st tho D: Should be easy enough.... Tho he screwed it up last year...

Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:39 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Apparantly Hamilton won the championship within the last 2 bends of the last race. Still, he won :P

Woot!

Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:06 pm 

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Yup...

Glock was on slicks because rain had come with 8 laps remaining... but it hadnt rained hard, so the top like 5 guys at the time (Massa, Alonso, Raikkonen, Hamilton and Vettel) came in for intermidiate tyres, just in case it rained more.

With 2 laps left, Vettel slipped past Hamilton... Hamilton was now 6th. Heading for losing the championship. But Glock was going slower and slower because the rain had started to rain heavier and heavier... Hamilton was trying everything to get past Vettel! And then they came to a very slow Toyota. A Toyota belonging to a slick shod, non stopping Glock. Glock who lost 18 seconds on the final lap. Hamilton and Vettel both squeaked past to make it Vettel 4th and Hamilton 5th. Which was enough for Hamilton to take the title by a single point. 98 to 97.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:26 pm 
 Profile E-mail