It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Re: Death Note

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Lugash
hmmm Coincidence. i just started watching this recently, didn't know about this thread.
its very similar to code geass, and hence, awesome.

Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:53 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

just watched episode 25...

Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:56 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
You're 10 ahead of us ><

Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:22 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

LOL slow guys! Death Note is bloody awesome!!! yes ep 25 is sad. (if its what i remeber it is) I LOVE intro from episode 20 onwards! tis rockage! The ending is really goood and interesting. Though i want to know what happens to misa. And deffo the cleverst writing ever. Trying to get my hands on the Japanese live action which changes the story slightly. Ive got the first 3 volumes of the manga

Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:00 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!

No you hate the stupid 25 onwards intro, nightmare into was the best by far.

Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:46 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Episode 24 is the best (helicopter scene).

Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:47 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I found the ending pretty poor, but then again, what I wanted to happen didn't. Main problem with the ending is how;

Spoiler for Ending:
He lost because someone else screwed up his plan. He would have easily won if they hadn't.

The second intro/outro was terrible.

And Ep24 was awesome.

Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:01 am 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Skillers wrote:
Spoiler for Ending:
He lost because someone else screwed up his plan. He would have easily won if they hadn't.
And Ep24 was awesome.

Spoiler for Reply:
I was also very disappointed with the ending.

Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:17 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!

azcn2503 wrote:
Skillers wrote:
Spoiler for Ending:
And Ep24 was awesome.

Spoiler for Reply:
I was also very disappointed with the ending.

Spoiler for Reply again:
I also like spoiler tags.
Nannal wrote:
And the ending is shitty everyone knows it.

Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:00 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

ending was pretty poor
Spoiler for but:
you could see it coming from miles off. i think Light became way too overconfident after accidentally beating L and lost sight of his former self. :( also, what a stupid place to hide the real notebook!

Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:56 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Spoiler for reply:
He didn't kill L accidentally, it was part of his plan. He manipulated Rem into doing it, thus getting rid of his two biggest obstacles (L and Rem). He was faaaar too cocky at the end, wanting to gloat, he should have waited till the heart attacks. He could have won quite easily anyway, if that guy hadn't stayed around he could have just got the names later and won then.

Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:11 pm 

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Spoiler for re:reply:
my bad, accidentally = tricked an idiot into doing it for him because L would have caught him had he not.
they were many ways Light could have won aswell as your suggestion. he was ridiculously cocky :/

CHECK TO MAKE SURE THE NOTEBOOK BEING USED WAS REAL, replace it with a torn out page if it was found to be a fake.

or bug the room and have him do it from afar. or if bugging was impossible he could have had a hidden camera, a simple photo would be enough to kill near.

have the guy who <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING> it all up to text the names to someone else, who would kill them.

or get some crazy followers to attack the place leaving the one wearing [some significant item]

or manipulate (via death note) the people working for him to shoot near and his aids. or manipulate one person to shoot near and flee, then to admit to being Kira when cough.
as 'L' he controlled the whole worlds police, get a sniper team to kill Near the moment he enterd the building.

or bomb the damn place first and kill the people he knew with deathnote.
etc. etc.

god dammit light >_< God.. Damn.. It.

Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:45 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Spoiler for OMG REPLY:
McWill wrote:
or manipulate (via death note) the people working for him to shoot near and his aids. or manipulate one person to shoot near and flee, then to admit to being Kira when cough.
as 'L' he controlled the whole worlds police, get a sniper team to kill Near the moment he enterd the building.

This one is impossible;
1) You can't use the death note to get people to kill other people
2) By the point in the story, he didn't control them, they had all given up with regards to Kira.

But yeah, just checking, or keeping a torn out page somewhere hidden would have worked fine.

Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:01 pm 

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Spoiler for RE:OMG REPLY:
Skillers wrote:

This one is impossible;
2) By the point in the story, he didn't control them, they had all given up with regards to Kira.

But yeah, just checking, or keeping a torn out page somewhere hidden would have worked fine.

1) you sure? he got the bank robber to shoot all his bullets at the shinigami just fine. he did instruct him to do so in the death note but i suppose he may have only done so out of fear.

2)bad wording from me sorry.
The police had given up, but he can still use 'his' title of L to his advantage. they said a few times through the anime that L can command any police force in the world.
If you cant make people kill people with death note, he could still legally order the police force to arrest or maybe assassinate Near and co. He could give them any reason other than 'because he's Kira'
if Near was mealy locked up light uses the photo they take as a record of the arrest to kill him.

L's rep would probably be ruined, but who cares, everyone who knew who L was is dead

btw, you should watch Code Geass. its basically death note but with a satisfying ending.

Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:37 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\cg eh good

Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:45 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Spoiler for RERE:OMG REPLY:
McWill wrote:
Skillers wrote:

This one is impossible;

1) you sure? he got the bank robber to shoot all his bullets at the shinigami just fine. he did instruct him to do so in the death note but i suppose he may have only done so out of fear.

New emphasis in my quote. Of course, shooting Ryuk makes no difference, as he doesn't die.

Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:25 pm 

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Spoiler for RERERE:OMG REPLY:
but I'm sure he didn't know he wouldn't kill Ryuk.
in any case, my second point still valid

Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:43 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Spoiler for RERERERERERERERERE:
Yes he did, Ryuk had told him previously that Death Gods can't be killed by guns.

Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:04 am 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

RERERERERERERERERERE wrote:
Combo breaker?

Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:51 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I keep changing it when I'm bored.

Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:45 am 

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Spoiler for RE^10:
i meant the guy who robbed the bank. he didn't know he couldn't kill Ryuk with a gun

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Spoiler for lol:
It wasn't the fact he didn't know, it's a matter of the Death Note can't be used to kill other people, it doesn't matter if the people who you're manipulating know they can or not, it just won't happen if you write "shoot person x". But as Ryuk can't be harmed, it doesn't matter.

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:58 pm 

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Spoiler for RE:lol:
Wiki wrote:
Even though only one name is written in the Death Note, if it influences and causes other humans that are not written in it to die, the victim’s cause of death will be a heart attack.

you might be right, but it sounds like you can make someone kill another if you give a name.

anyone know where i can see the movie? i cannie find it D:

Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:01 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Devilbwaha
The Death Note MovieS (its 2) I have both of them:)

Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:30 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!

they needed more cash for the shinigami though, they looked terrible and ruined the entire thing for me

Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:35 pm 
 Profile E-mail