It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Radio Comedy

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Think this is where the topic should go, feel free to move t if it's in the wrong place.

So who listens to the radio 4 comedies and what is you favourite if you do. My favourite is the Now Show, but I also like Just a Minute, I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue, the News Quiz and Deadringers (radio isalot better than the TV version). There are some others that I enjoy but they aren't on as often, such as Mitch Benn's Crimes Against Music, Ayres On The Air and Mervin Stutter - Getting Nowhere Fast.

Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:14 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Radio Comedy rocks!

Yeah, I like all the above, Think The Unthinkable (currently on on Wednesdays) and more that I can't remember.

Another one (on tonight) is Another Case of Milton Jones - absoloute amazing - laugh out loud funny (seriously, hysterical, StarBucks can vouch for that).

For those who don't know, there is comedy on every night on radio 4 at 6:30pm, though some aren't too good (such as Quote, Unquote - I don't listen to that [currently on on Mondays]). There are all styles of comedy, aswell; Slapstic (Milton Jones [currently Thursdays], Consultants), Satirical (Now Show), Quiz (Just a Minute, News Quiz) and impressions (Dead Ringers - current friday comedy).

Just listen to them, they're great.

Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:58 pm 

Post Post subject:

Ultra Poster
Ultra Poster

Radio comedy is funny but i have to sit down and listen to it. I can't do other stuff and listen to it because i miss all the jokes. So, that misses the point of a radio and it might as well be on the tv. Another place i can listen to it is in the car. But how often am i in the car on my own??!!! because i generally don't have a choice on what is on the radio in the car.

However, i have tried to listen to it off the internet doing homwork, but i can only concentrate on one thing, so i end up turing the radio channel to radio 1. That i can listen to doing other tings because it is mainly music.

Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:06 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Yeah, I can sort of listen to it in the background, picking up on some jokes. I often play flash games while listening.

Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:44 pm 

Post Post subject:

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage

The advantage of being a girl!!! I can listen to radio comedies and do work, sudoku, etc at the same time. I have also found that if I listen to them as I go to sleep they make me get to sleep quicker!

Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:00 pm 
 Profile E-mail