It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:04 am

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Re: The Ashes!

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Demonata
I only watch the major games anyway Razz anyway sooo cricket wht rules are there?

Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:33 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
They take a while to explain, easier to just watch it! xP

Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:58 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

fiar enough lol.... (you know i wont watch it willingly Razz)

Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:05 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Highlights tend to be good. Watching the entire match does get boring...

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:26 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

hmm... well yes true but I still prefer to watch the match but everyones different, meh....

(omg my mum has just replaced me with her watch .... I feel a tad unloved Crying or Very sad )

Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:22 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I was on about a cricket match. Should have said Test. They do last 5 days for about 6-8hours a day.

And how can you be replaced by watch? :S

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:55 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

She said heres my baby watch (tring to be sweet) *sick* n i said what about me n she said that her watch was more important

lol anyway i thought u were on bout football.... I have played cricket many times but only for fun so i dont really know every single rule lol

Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:07 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

That's just random...

Yeah, the general idea is to hit the ball as far as possible without getting caught then run a lot. Most the rules refer to where you can stand when batting and where the run up can be on bowling, whre the ball has to land etc, just to make it fair (otherwise you could cheat easily). xP

Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:19 pm 

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

Sport. Rolling Eyes

Not a fan myself.

Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:55 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Sports not for everyone tru lol, but football everyone loves football (im on bout a game betweens friends - not the actual footie match)

Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:26 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I bet yo there's someone who doesn't! Some loner somewhere...

Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:40 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

*cough* I can think of one........ no names mentioned, partly coz u don't know him lol

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:17 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Exactly!

Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:04 pm 

Confused

Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:55 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Why the :S face?

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:36 pm 

Just generally you know. Reading it makes me actually no sense.

Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:30 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Well it should do?

Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:26 pm 

Dominating
Dominating
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: Forgive me if i bunk out on you. My Dad pulls the plug on the PC.
Steam Login Name: tchs_scout
Haha, see at the end of the ashes, when the England team were just tossing the urn between them!?

Hahaha, everyone was like *Jaw drops - DONT DROP IT* "Phew"

*DONT BLOODY DROP IT!* "Phew..."

*FOR **** SAKE STOP THROWING IT!!*

Was so fricking funny :)

Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:49 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I think the bowling attack 4 the ashes next year shud be:
Simon jones (blatently)
James anderson (bowls like a beast)
Monty panesar (bit of spin from a legend)
Andrew flintoff (ashes hero and quality bowler... and an all-rounder)
Steve harmison (please bear with me cus ne1 who has bin watching him in county cricket lately will know why i chose him)
I cant be asked 2 mention the batting attack cus i think its ok the way it is :P

Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:46 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating

I agree with you on the bowling front, except for i think Stuart Broad should be included,

But i think the batting order should be reconsidered.

Andrew Strauss, of course, opening with a very experienced batsman such as Marcus Trescothic.
Ian bell coming in at 3 to bat out the innings sensibly.
Collingwood coming in at 4.
Flintoff at 5.
KP at 6. I think he would be more focused. Then again he may come in with the intention of smacking it.
Stuart Broad at 7. Shown remarkable promise.
Wicket Keeper - 8th.
Etc.

Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:24 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating

yeah tht wud be gr8 to hav trescothick opening with strauss but he's retired so thts out the window lol.
I dont really think ian bell cud handle the responsibility of being #3 cus he always seems 2 crack under pressure. Plus u have vaughan as the test captain who shud bat at 3 (or 4) - u cant rule out a really gud captain like vaughan even if he's a really sh*t batsman lol.
I have no idea who the wicket keeper should be cus ambrose isnt really tht gud with the bat. I think they mite go back 2 prior.

Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating

Yes, Prior please!!

Not digging Tim Ambrose at the moment,

Yeah, unfortunate is it not. Well, id be happy, if they found someone with familiar flare to open for England :)

Yes, good point about Ian Bell, completely valid, Vaughan is making me depressed, sure, his captaincy his hot, most of the time but his batting is not doing anything for me. >-<
Wouldnt mind Strauss captaining again :) I just hope Vaughan has another baby during the Test ;)

Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:18 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating

Dont we all!! XD
I think the batting should go in this order:
strauss
cook
vaughan
peitersen
bell
flintoff
prior
harmison
s. jones
anderson
panesar

I think strauss is really improved with his batting and im not sure about cook cus hes bin out of form lately, he really needs runs. If vaughan wasnt in as captain thn i wud get rid of him lol.
Im glad we both agree on prior tho lol.

Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:33 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating

Yes, completely agreed with that batting order (Y)

Tell ya what, can you tell me why Prior was dropped? :O

I just didnt watch it at the point.

I want flintoff to get better again, just prevail in both areas as i would like to see the Ashes Legend make a comeback.

Yes, Strauss is a worthy batsman, he just doesnt seem to pull it of for me though, unfortunately, (N)

Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating

Prior was dropped because he was absolutely sh*t with the gloves cus he kept giving away lots of catch opportunities. I think he was a worthy batsman tho and he's not as bad with the gloves as i think ambrose is. Thts y i think ambrose shud come back.
I agree about flintoff. He seems 2 be bowling well but he's been unlucky with the wickets. Hopefully he'll be 100% for the ashes series cus i luv his celebrations lol.
I think we shud give strauss the benefit of a doubt cus he basically carried england on the batting front during the first part of the new zealand series. I think it's the batsmen like cook and bell tht shud watch out.

Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:38 pm 
 Profile E-mail