It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Tennis - davis cup

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Anyone else watch tennis. Was the Davis cup today, GB vs Switerland. As expected Federer easily beat Mackin (6-0 6-0 6-2) who was sent in to let Rusedski rest, no real chance of anyone beating Federer. Unfortuantely Murray lost to Wawrinka 6-3 7-6 (7-5) 6-4, so it is nearly impossible for GB to get back into the world tie, Murray would have to beat Federer which I can't see happening.

Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:24 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
No, I can't! :D

Anyway, how well do you think Murry will do in the next grand Slam and Wimbledon? And how long will it be till Henman and Rusedski retire?

Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:28 pm 

Post Post subject:

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage

I think Henman will retire before Rusedski, possibly after the next wimbledon if his form doesn't improve and he's still suffering from injuries. Rusedski will probably stay around for another couple of years.

I expect Murray to get into the Australian Open (next grand slam) and do fairly well, 2nd or 3rd round assuming he doesn't meet one of the very top players in the 1st round. Don't really know about wimbledon, it depends on his ranking when the draw is made and who he is drawn against, with a good draw I good see him making the 4th round or quarter finals.

Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:17 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
What happened in the doubles match? I saw the first half set, and then had to go to work so i missed the rest. I think it was 5-5 in the first when i left. Im kind of guessing the Swiss won it though.

Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:00 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

The Swiss won 5-0 in the David cup round (5 matches to 0). For the last 2 singles matches we put some new players in, to get experience, instead of Murry and Rusedski.

Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:06 pm 

Post Post subject:

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage

They weren't new players, Sherwood has been on the circuit for a while (he got to the second round of Wimbledon), Mackin has also been around for a while I think. They play mainly challengers and futures so you never hear about them, they just aren't good enough to be in the top flight of players. As it was they weren't even playing the top Swiss players and still got beat, Mackin put up a good fight against Wawrinka, but Sherwood was soundly beaten by Bastl, who incidently Murray beat today in the Thailand open.

The reason they played was to give Murray and Rusedski a rest as the rubbers were already dead.

Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:21 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Oh, right! It sounds like they could have done with the experience, anyway (the more, the better).

Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:54 am