It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Work is pants again

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
I had a 2 week holiday in Perranporth not long ago. You wouldn't believe the amount of stress and trouble I went through simply trying to arrange time off from work!

Earlier this year, I changed jobs. Before I left, I told my boss that I am having a holiday in June. When I came back to my old job, he had forgot all about it, but I told him verbally about my holiday. When I told him "I can't wait to go on my holiday" 2 weeks before going he was like, "Wait... what holiday?". Basically he asked me to cancel it and rearrange it this late in to everything because him and my colleague (that would be all of us, then) were also on holiday. It was a cock-up made by him, he insisted that I never told him anything about it, even though I told him many times.

So anyway, I ended up going and felt good about it because work suffered for it, and it was their own fault; they deserved it.

So now, it's my girlfriend's 18th birthday on 25th August and I have asked him if I can have the 24th and 25th off work. But it turns out that him and my colleague are both having time off on exactly those days. I have spoke to them about rearranging their time off but they won't let me.

I am not in my girlfriend's good books for whatever reason recently (honestly, I don't know that the problem is), and this is just going to be the icing on the cake. I had arranged for some flowers to be delivered to her door on her birthday with a special message, and I was going to be there to see the reaction, but now I can't and it sucks, and there's nothing I can do about it.

Also, why does my manager keep telling me and my colleague to do things when the workload is too high? Aren't managers supposed to see these things?

Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:03 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Work is pants again

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

that sucks Confused I havent experianced "work" yet so I have no idea just how stressful it can get etc Shocked

Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Man, that does suck. Ah well, that's life, I'm sure your girlfriend will unerstand that you can't get time off.

Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:11 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

My girlfriend is an amazing person and I'll always love her. She took the holiday thing quite well, but I feel bad for it. I wish there was something I could do.

Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:39 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Well that's mostly good. I'm afraid I cna't offer any advice for the latter bit though.

Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:44 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

me too, I havent had a single girlfriend and doubt I ever will Mr. Green

Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:30 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Heh, yeah, exactly why Razz.

Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:14 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

too shy etc, plus other reasons (no im not gay)

Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:05 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

LOL, yeah. You can add too introverted to that list for me aswell. Razz

Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:37 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

double post Rolling Eyes

Last edited by brataccas on Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:25 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

what does "introverted" mean? Embarassed

edit: just used dictionary.com and LOL! I do not love myself Shocked Mr. Green

Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:26 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

That's not what it means. It's basically a fancy way of saying loner. LOL! Also, I said myself, not you.

Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:17 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

o oops Embarassed im so slow Embarassed

Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:31 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Nah, I just like using long/complecated words.

Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:56 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

My boss has just revealed to me that I have a meeting at 2pm today... My lunch starts at 1:30pm, and I need to see Rachel to give her some important stuff. So, if you see that guy walking through Gloucester really quickly, liek, at teh speed of light, that'd be me.

Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:16 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Oooh, speed of light, that's a bit slow...

Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:34 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I made it just in time Smile

Got back for my meeting on the dot, but err.. it was postponed until quarter past, so I had time to sit down and eat my lunch. Ahh, lunch! I always get myself a tomato & basil chicken pasta with an Innocent smoothie and a bag of fruit. Sometimes I think I may have Vit C overdose, but at least that's better than scurvy, isn't it?

Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:13 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Lol, I don't know if you can overdose on vitimin c.

Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:07 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Aaron, personal question( I think Shocked ) how did you find confidence to ask out your girlfriend? and when you did etc what did you do? did you kiss right away or take somewhere nice? Embarassed silly weird question I know but im so dumb...

Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:57 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Me and my girlfriend always had that special feeling even before we were going out. I'm not sure quite how to explain it but we have always been able to tell each other pretty much anything.

We were just talking on the phone on a certain Sunday 3 years ago and I was asking her various questions, like what schools she went to when she was younger, where she lived etc. (we were really just starting out, so they were simple questions). So then I shocked her by asking her out. It was like instant yes all round and we were yessing for a while. Then we hung up and I called her back and we were liek OMFG!!1

I can't let you in on too much of my love life though. Everything after that point was basically hardcore anal sex!! (OK that was a joke, but I still don't want you to know)

Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:25 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

doh and you had to ruin that post with that last part Evil or Very Mad Razz

Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:43 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Lol, cool.

Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:04 pm