It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Late for work

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Was meant to be in at 7:30, stumbled in at 9:30. Oops.

Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:51 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
LOL! Tut tut.

Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:25 pm 

Post Post subject:

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Naughty Naughty! Did the scooter play up, or did u have a noght out and had a hangover or something! :lol:

Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:29 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

My girlfriend's alarm clock didn't work!

As for the moped, well, I haven't touched that pile of junk for a couple of months now. It's in desperate need of repair, but it's just taking ages for somebody to fix it properly. It's going to a garage tomorrow.

And as for being late to work, my boss said that he wanted to talk to me about being late. Today was the worst day for being late possible, because my boss and the other technician I work with (there are only 3 of us in IT) were in Bristol today. So there was actually nobody there during working hours for 1 hour. Apparently, the phones were going absolutely mental.

When I got there, it was really quiet. I managed to get almost all of my tasks off my task list, and all of the ones that went on my list today got ticked off today, too.

When I typed this out... I noticed lag between pressing the keys and the letters appearing on screen. I think that it is because Microsoft have a rubbish Internet browser, and extremely poor support for modern technology (64-bit technology).

Why does Windows open up 32-bit Internet Explorer, even when I tell it to open up 64-bit Internet Explorer?

Why does Vista use almost 1GB of hard drive space as a paging file when I have 2GB of DDR RAM available for it? Currently, my commit charge is 1001MB, and my paging file is... 0.97GB.

You know what that means, don't you? Vista is really efficient when it comes to memory management. MY ARSE!

I just changed my paging file size down to 16MB, and Vista needs to restart. Doesn't Vista understand that I'm doing 8 gigs of downloads, and restarting now is a bad choice? Why can't it just say "OK, I was pulling your leg, I'm not really that inefficient with memory management -- let me clear it quickly for you, and use your RAM instead, like a good OS should" .. but wait, Vista really *is* extremely inefficient by design. Screw you Microsoft! I hate you most of the time!

Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:16 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Late for work

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

^^^ Thread killer.

Long story short: My ex-girlfriends alarm clock didn't work.

Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

LOL, the actual thread killer was probably the broken forum at the time.

Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:51 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Good thinking. The problems seem to have vanished... for good!

Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:07 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Well there is still the images problem, but nothing serious.

Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:56 pm