It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Subliminal/sleep learning

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Does this work? Is it a myth? Have any of you tried it with any success?

Thanks.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:56 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Subliminal/sleep learning

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: kyhas
does not work. subliminal is unconcious and you can't call upon it even if you did store the information. Sleep nope. Tried it the sensible way of lstening to a track about the topic whilst sleeping, woke up knowing nothing more. And words will not transfer from the book to your mind, if say you accidently fall asleep with the book over your face. that one i can say also doesn't work.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:44 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
There are varied reports of it working and it not working. The thing about this kind of learning is that, as Kyhas said, the knowledge certainly won't be immediately apparent to have bee gained. However, it is possible that the knowledge would be there, but require some sort of trigger, probably a question, for you to actually realise you know it.

At any rate, it's a dodgy way of learning, but there's no harm in trying it, I guess.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:47 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: kyhas
Also again i remind you you cannot absorb words through your forehead, do not try it at home!

Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:51 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

No idea what this is, but I do believe dreams have the potential to teach and be used.

I reckon the key is to increase dream recall and to control dreams. I did actually 'realise' I was dreaming yesterday in some strange scenario. What didn't add up was that the room or house I was in seemed to be 'how I would have done it in the future' and it clicked as impossible and then I remember distinctly thinking 'I am dreaming' and then the dream in question broke. It was fascinating, I want to see if I can do that again.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:17 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Met, subliminal learning is simply the act of learning without trying, like the information just becomes knowledge through environmental factors. Theoretically you could do this in your sleep, have information played to you and hope your brain picks it up. Of course, it's a bit more complicated than that, what with the cycles of sleep and the nature of memory, but it could enhance knowledge.

I do think it would actually be reasonably effective, if a bit broken (ie fractured knowledge). When you think about it, it's quite impressive how much information you simply absorb without meaning to (just think of your general knowledge, even if you think it's rubbish, it will still be a staggering amount).

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:16 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

That's my opinion also Skillers. I'm willing to give it a try.

I purchased an audio learning package but it's quite interactive... so I could end up sleep talking. It's quite repetitious so lets say I played the same 2.5 hour audio file every night for a week and also studied the same audio file and use flash cards in addition, I think I could be well on my way to learning.

I have already learnt so much just listening to 30 minutes worth of the audio file, but the amount of concentration I had to put aside for it was immense. Maybe it will feel more natural after a while.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:13 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

For sleep learning you probably want something a bit lighter and with no interaction required, but could definitely work.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:16 pm 

Samosa!
Samosa!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Lord Metritutus wrote:
No idea what this is, but I do believe dreams have the potential to teach and be used.

I reckon the key is to increase dream recall and to control dreams. I did actually 'realise' I was dreaming yesterday in some strange scenario. What didn't add up was that the room or house I was in seemed to be 'how I would have done it in the future' and it clicked as impossible and then I remember distinctly thinking 'I am dreaming' and then the dream in question broke. It was fascinating, I want to see if I can do that again.

that's called lucid dreaming, if you can control it properly, its amazing, only been able to experience it once or twice but I flew across oceans and shot energy balls into the sea, issue is the more you control it the more awake you become before eventually waking up and being pissed that you cant continue to <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING> around with physics (you cant learn with it though, learning is external influences giving you input, lucid dreaming is all internal, although I guess you could use it to see what you think someone would say if posed a question, of course it wouldent be what they would actually say)

Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:06 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: wigouche
theirs some dude dno where who or where i heard about it that created a device that basicly make u know that what ur expieiencing is a dream whitch with some practce can be used to help learn or invent solve problems u got stuck on but its purly experiemental and not every 1 can harnis it , subliminal learning realy only good for training the sublconsous things such as help with cravings by breaking the subconsous link but agin not every mind is open to it, anything that requires good logic to learn wont work as that part of the brain is the main part whitch is off for any better word ( y dreams are so odd but u beleav them at the time)

Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:06 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Boogeyboy40
Even if it is ambiguous as to whether it works or not, there's not real harm in trying, but as they say

It's not worth losing sleep over ;D

Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:37 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
DRAGON wrote:
Even if it is ambiguous as to whether it works or not, there's not real harm in trying, but as they say

It's not worth losing sleep over ;D

Uber bad pun alert. P:

Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:19 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Update on this:

I'm learning a language. Sleep learning doesn't really work too well because of how interactive the audio training sessions are.

Also, I've completed all of the audio training sessions and I've purchased Rosetta Stone version 4 which has 3 units of interactive software training and audio companion CDs for all 3 units.

I am very excited about learning more :)

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:41 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
Which language are you learning and how easy are you finding to pick it up?

Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:14 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I am learning Polish, and so far it is going extremely well considering how complex it is.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:26 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Learning some words. Tried using Google speech recognition.

Spoke the words "całuję, przytula" which means "kiss(es), hug(s)"

Hitler translated it to... "całuję hitlera" which means "kiss Hitler"

Motherf...

Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:08 am 
 Profile E-mail  

azcn2503 wrote:
Learning some words. Tried using Google speech recognition.

Spoke the words "całuję, przytula" which means "kiss(es), hug(s)"

Hitler translated it to... "całuję hitlera" which means "kiss Hitler"

Motherf...

"Hitler" translated stuff? -^

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:07 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

It lurks in all Apple gadgets.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:29 pm 
 Profile E-mail