It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Interested in some amature voice acting?

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm seeing about who might want to have a crack at this. There's some good stories in the public domain here, which we can use to work on:

http://www.classic-literature.co.uk/

DHR-107 I know is interested (and he has suggested 'The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde' which I think would be a good place to start).

The aim is to have recording sessions at set times, where we do a specified amount of the story (say, pages 3 and 4 in one session). Obviously doing this may require several attempts to get some parts right, however as I am pretty sure none of us have prior experience in this field we cannot expect professional quality, but we can give it a good attempt.

Si has said he will kindly provide the audio editing for this.

So, who's interested? ;)

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:06 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Interested in some amature voice acting?

Samosa!
Samosa!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

intereated

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:20 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Sounds interesting, but I'd be terrible at it ><

Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:01 am 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
I'm always interested in anything like this / drama

Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:11 am 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
I'm interested.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:13 am 
 Profile E-mail  

I'll give this thread a week or so to see who else may be interested, and then I'll organise some Mumble based meeting where we can discuss organisation etc.

Skillers wrote:
Sounds interesting, but I'd be terrible at it ><

I doubt any of us will be brilliant to begin with due to a lack of experience, but I think enthusiasm and practice will help those interested to improve.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:53 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: kyhas
Drama i'm also interested :P

Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:20 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

The list of people we have is as follows:

Lord Metritutus
DHR-107
Nannal
Skillers
Wynney
Hawke
Kyhas

As said in the original post, the story I think we will be trying first is "The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde" however if anyone who is interested in participating has any objections please state them and if possible, suggest any alternatives.

I think it would be wise to get familiar with the story now, reading through the it at least once. I am trying to do this now in order to isolate who the individual characters are. Once I have done this I will organise a meeting for discussion.

Once I have isolated who all the characters are, I think it would be best for everyone to 'audition' as each character as well as stating which character they would like to portray following their reading through of the story. Everyone will need to send their audio audition clips to me, I will then play these to everyone via Mumble and we can discuss who we think sounds best in what role, and relate this to which roles they want etc.

The first meeting will involve selecting software etc, and organising the recording of these 'audition' clips. This will not be done in the meeting, do them in your own time, but if possible try to get them done in the week following the first meeting. The second week will involve us listening to them all as outlined in the previous paragraph.

I am currently thinking that we should try for weekly meetings on this. Also it would be good time for everyone interested to post any suggestions they may have.

The first meeting is likely to be in a week or so as I am not available next week unfortunately, however this should give everyone a good amount of time to read through the story.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:06 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: kyhas
i'll be in poland in a week and working all this week till then can; tread book, sorry

Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!

I'm in south wales Thursday to Thursday (as in tomorrow till Thursday) but after that I'm more than willing to do stuffs

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:57 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Anyone still interested in this?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:28 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Yes. I still need to go through the text. It got pushed to one side in my list of things to do and then I kind of forgot about it. >-<

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:03 pm 
 Profile E-mail