It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:00 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post Post subject: Re: I'm a pianist.

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
The Heart Asks Pleasure First- Michel Nyman
Le Onde- Ludovico Einaudi
Moonlight Sonata- Ludwig Van Beethoven
Pour Le Piano: Sarabande- Claude Debussy
Those are 4 pieces I can play and are absolutely fantastic. Youtube them, you'll see.
I've also sent him some sheet music over Xfire to him containing a nice piano solo. Whether he likes it or not is yet to be announced.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:53 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Listening to mets play right now, he is pretty good. also I do love moonlight sonata. Speaking of good pianists Isaac Shepard's album "Swept away" was very good

Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:07 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Shadow is however far better. Literally listening in awe right now as he plays Moonlight Sonata properly. My keyboard is too little for a lot of this, and the piano is nowhere near a comp.

I suppose I could use my laptop, but I've not got much worth playing. :'(

Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:20 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!

Gawww, but yes shadow is brilliant, and the SM64 song (shame on me for forgetting the level) was brilliant

also rainbow bowser theme was fantastic too

Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:29 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Shadow, have you got any suggestions on how I can improve my sight reading? I'm slow at it. I'm guessing I just need to practice at it more, but I was wondering if there was anything else I could do.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:32 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
download hacks. Practise makes perfect, although some people do just pick it up quicker than others.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:48 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Metritutus wrote:
Shadow, have you got any suggestions on how I can improve my sight reading? I'm slow at it. I'm guessing I just need to practice at it more, but I was wondering if there was anything else I could do.

Wynney got it right really, some people can do it faster than others. I'm just naturally good at music as I possess perfect pitch and the ability to pick up and play pieces extremely quickly. Extremely complicated pieces I take longer, but anything simple I can practically do from sight alone. Sight reading isn't a perfect art either: you will occasionally make mistakes so you must keep going despite the mistakes.
Wynney got it right really, some people can do it faster than others. I'm just naturally good at music as I possess perfect pitch and the ability to pick up and play pieces extremely quickly. Extremely complicated pieces I take longer, but anything simple I can practically do from sight alone. Sight reading isn't a perfect art either: you will occasionally make mistakes so you must keep going despite the mistakes.

@ every comment saying I'm good: Thanks but really I'm not that good, I appreciate the nice comments though.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:57 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Is there an echo in the room?

Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:14 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Si wrote:
Is there an echo in the room?

Confused. :/

Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:25 am 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Si do explain... I'm also confused by that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:38 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Shadow wrote:
Metritutus wrote:

@ every comment saying I'm good: Thanks but really I'm not that good, I appreciate the nice comments though.

The text in red is exactly the same text in blue.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:18 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!

Oh god, Im so blind!

Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:21 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
I think I skimmed over it, forgot about it then wondered wtf you were on about ><

Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:33 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

... I don't recall typing it twice or copying/pasting, must have been a forum posting error.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:24 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I have never seen such an error before ><

Maybe you copypasta'd it?

Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:25 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Why would I copy and paste my entire post? *cough* I wouldn't *cough*

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:28 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

If your internet died and you wanted to preserve the post, then came back and hit paste twice.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:53 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

My internet didn't die and I didn't copy/paste twice. I'm not bothered though, at least my point was made twice.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:21 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Shadow wrote:

You're making it sound like we're out to get you. We're not. If you'd rather we could... <TRANSMISSION TERMINATED>

Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:26 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Steam Login Name: Edwardsells
:-)

Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:59 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Si wrote:
Shadow wrote:

You're making it sound like we're out to get you. We're not. If you'd rather we could... <TRANSMISSION TERMINATED>

Not that he is cranking up the CONSPIRACY mill. There is no CONSPIRACIES here. You did not notice any other forum members vanishing because they knew too much about the CONSPIRACY.

They also do not know that I am actually a double-agent working to expose the CONSPIRA-*choking noise and sound of body thumping to floor*.

Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:51 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Oh dear, what do we have here. If everyone could just look at this, please... *puts sunglasses on*

Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:06 pm 

Samosa!
Samosa!

Cant harm me i've a tinfoil hat!

Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:30 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Fraid you need the sunglasses.

Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:37 pm 

Samosa!
Samosa!

I need wha...?

Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:04 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next