I would help with mapping 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
I would help with level design 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
I would give my sincerest moral support 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other (please state below) 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 7
 Post Post subject: ZOMBIEAPOCO-SCHOOL

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Boogeyboy40
With the forthcoming realse of the L4D SDK, I was thinking of making a campaign, after I've finished my Deathrun map ofc. ( :no: )

1st Level.
The Survivors wake up in a school bus, the bus stop is covered in 'corpse' and the survivors fight there way through a surburban street or two, the safe room being in a somewhat fortified house.

2nd Level.
Getting out of the fortified house, the survivors make there way through real inner-city estate style alleys for a bit before emerging on a high street, all the shops are boarded up, destroyed etc. except for one shop, this is the "Get ready to fight the horde" section as the security doors SLOWLY open, the safe room is behind the tills.

3rd Level.
Signs in and around the safe room say "Go to the school", "find the school" etc. so the survivors find their way through the shop, crew rooms, stockrooms and that and then once on the rooftops fight there way across the rooves until they find a ladder down to the ground at one side of a large field with a school at the other side, the survivors make their way across the field and make their way into the changing rooms that lead out onto the field. Safe Room.

4th Level.
The survivors fight their way through the school, fighting their way up and up through the various floors, including something involving a science block and a big explosion, then the safe room in a caretakers closet somewhere.

5th Level - Finale.
The survivors crawl through some vents for about 30 seconds, everything being unnervingly quiet with little or no zombie contact at all, finally finding a gap in the vents they crawl out onto the roof, No Mercy style except with a vastly different layout which after radio contact is made with a helicopter, that is seen hopefully at other points in the campaign the survivors escape. W00t ^____^

Discuss, and also other ideas for custom campaigns.

Last edited by DRAGON on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:44 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: ZOMBIEAPOCO-SCHOOL

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Sounds fantastic!

Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:49 pm 

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Perhaps we could do this as a team-work thing? It would be awesome.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:57 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: kyhas
a level each then switch and review each level and add/modify tips for orignal maker?

EDIT: although i like the vents idea it won't work cause AI will spawn zombies in there sometimes, and maybe a tank or witch or if you do get it silent it'll be a rush point for survivors as they no its quiet.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:20 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: gozzer25
Will be very hard to make. Would also be damn awesome as well though!

I hope to try and get myself into mapping someday, so if I do then I will always be willing to give any help.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:18 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

I really wasn't expecting so many offers of help, but if I do ever get round to it....or anyone else wants to make a start on it, go for it....Just make sure you remember it's my idea you map-stealing BASTARDS :D

Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:07 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Indeed!

Map made possible by techious and it's designer Dr4gon

Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:26 am 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Sounds great. Any good places for a Hunter to pounce from?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:35 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Well, obviously there will be roofs and things, but depending on the design of the school there could be lots or none...also deciding whether the school is still in relatively good condition or not could change how and where zombies and specials will come froms

Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:24 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
Sounds like a good concept, good luck making it :P

Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:18 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

MY brother gave me this idea which will go SOMEWHERE as I think it will fit in quite well

Quote:
Might I suggest having to pass through an empty swimming pool and changing rooms section, kit lockers etc...places to hide abound.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:59 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

do we know if deep water kills you?

EDIT: swing doors? i dunno how much use they'd be cept disabled doors perhaps, but if swing doors are possibility then boomers etc can push them open instead of clawing and the door hids them from view :/

plus you can guess what happened to the disabled kids that got left behind :O

Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:16 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: mikefong
lol Death run's are sooo much fun ^^ i think we should have a TCHS death run night :D that would be epic

Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:24 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

If you're interested tell me, because Im starting to draw this up in SketchUp and need input

Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:16 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
that sounds really nice dragon.

how about in the finale:
when you push the radio for the second time big lights on the roof will get on and one falls down, that would be moer realistic than only pushing the radio and "hooooo" the horde comes like in the normal maps.

i mostly have good ideas for things like that ><

Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:35 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

schlurbi wrote:
that sounds really nice dragon.

how about in the finale:
when you push the radio for the second time big lights on the roof will get on and one falls down, that would be moer realistic than only pushing the radio and "hooooo" the horde comes like in the normal maps.

i mostly have good ideas for things like that ><

I like that idea, especially all the lights coming on....

Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:09 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

I would be happy to help with mapping, but also believe I could be of use with the custom textures.

Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:52 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

i can only give ideas, when you want. never made a map

Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:12 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

I'm happy to admit i never thought about custom textures >.<

Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:18 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Steam Login Name: gozzer25
Custom textures means more to download(?) but also means you can make the map suit more to how you exactly want it.

Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:22 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Gozzer wrote:
Custom textures means more to download(?) but also means you can make the map suit more to how you exactly want it.

Yeah they do mean slightly bigger map sizes, but they do allow a more personal touch, or map specific things such as signs etc.

Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:53 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

DR4G0N wrote:
I'm happy to admit i never thought about custom textures >.<

Well if you're going to have writing on the wall saying 'head to the school' that in itself is a custom texture. ;)

And Gozzer, it can all be embedded in the map so don't you go worrying about extra downloads. :P

Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:06 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yes, but it increases the size, Met.

Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:41 pm 

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

what kind of school is it? it "has" to be an University. other way. if you make a normal school for children and that wouldnt work, even if you had the right textures and designs. you would never be allowed to shoot at children. so you have make it look like a university -^

Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:26 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

A school is typically seen as a safehouse, the zombies wouldn't necessarily need to be children.

Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:12 am