It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: I got an IDEA!! :P - can you help?

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: kelvinbored
P: I tried making this quite a while back but it was an epic fail :'(

Basically, >< it's based on the maze i found:
http://www.wombania.com/club_wombania/c ... e_maze.gif

The idea was based on that design but with a few configurations added to it:
*All walls and floors made out of stone - possibly aztecy if you know what i mean so it looks like an ancient dungeon or sumting ><
*Make the width to allow one or two people to pass at each time (test it out to see which is more fun! :yes: )
*Water on the floor (so other players can hear you)
*NO LIGHTING - just allow flashlights ^-^ and if possible to not be able to buy nightvision as it would ruin the fun!
*(*optional) Make some minor design adjustments like making tiny gaps/cracks through the walls
*Make the walls high so players can't jump over
*Make the centre of the maze a bombsite!

*Call it de_tchs_indiana lawl

hehe :lol: if anyone can please make this it will be sooo freaking aaaawesome!! Can't wait :P

Koldier.

Last edited by Koldier on Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:21 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: I got an IDEA!! :P

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
I could do this :) but I never get the time in between sessions of EverQuest and work and girlfriend and very very occasional TF2.

Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:15 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: I got an IDEA!! :P

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

azcn2503 wrote:
I never get the time in between sessions of EverQuest and work and girlfriend and very very occasional TF2.

haha :lol:

Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:48 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: I got an IDEA!! :P - can you help?

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Steam Login Name: Boogeyboy40
Hmmmm

The idea was based on that design but with a few configurations added to it:
*All walls and floors made out of stone - possibly aztecy if you know what i mean so it looks like an ancient dungeon or sumting ----Easy
*Make the width to allow one or two people to pass at each time (test it out to see which is more fun! :yes: ----Easy
*Water on the floor (so other players can hear you)----Easy
*NO LIGHTING - just allow flashlights ^-^ and if possible to not be able to buy nightvision as it would ruin the fun!----Harder, especially the night vision thing, I'll try and find out if it's possible
*(*optional) Make some minor design adjustments like making tiny gaps/cracks through the walls
*Make the walls high so players can't jump over-----VERY easy
*Make the centre of the maze a bombsite!-----easy

Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:47 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
you can set certain weapons only using rcon i believe so you only need to set it up once (we have always had westwood as pistols only and a admin hasnt ever had to change it to pistols only at the start of the round)

Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:25 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Erm, I'm not sure, but I think with mani you can set map-configs that limit weapons and such.

Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:26 am 

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage

no1 made the map then :'(
:P

Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:14 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Give it a while and someone might :P

Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:17 am 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: mikefong
Haha XD sounds like an awsum map! Is it just water and walls pretty much? no where to camp XD

Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:07 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage

Because there is not going to be any light at all i got a good feeling some people will pee themselves when someone jumps around the corner xP
...just waiting if someone will offer to make the map!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:59 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

Didn't see this thread before. I shall start work immediately. :P

*knows everyone will think this will NEVER come out*

EDIT: I've found a way to disable nightvision. Does the server have a way to disable buying via the console? If not I'll embed that addon for mani in my map (I've no idea if that will work though :P ).

EDIT2: This is going to be awesome. If you have no sense of direction you're buggered. ><

EDIT3: Oh God. Seriously, if you're prone to rage, don't play on this map. No really, don't.

EDIT4: I'm also going to disable the radar. I'm going to force it on clients every 0.1 seconds or something like that so that the moment they try and put back the radar, it vanishes before they can see it.

Also, rather than having high walls I'm going to add low walls and a roof. For more claustrophobia.

Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:45 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Erm, there's a map config folder in mani. It's what we use for Westwood.

Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:15 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Q: How can the forums top pro-rage user play-test a map if he keeps raging? ;)

Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:37 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage

YEAHHHaa!!! I can't wait!!! :D:D:D:D
ThANKs so much dudeee ^^ appreciated <3

Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:21 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

After a brief test, night vision is useless as it works by enhancing and inverting lights. As there are no lights, it doesn't make anything show up. ><

It does make your torch beam a bit better though, but that's only if you like the green glow. :P

EDIT: I will release tonight, but I must warn you that it will cock up your radar unless you manually change it back (or, alternatively, if Si can change the configs, it should re-appear when the server changes map).

EDIT2: It's on the server. Version a1.

EDIT3: And failed, it chucked everyone off.

Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:00 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage

how do i get on to it!!?? :D:D:D:D:D

Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:03 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

It chucked everyone off the server and would not download. :/

Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:12 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage

:D:D how's it going now? I can't stop thinking about it! :P

Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:18 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Koldier wrote:
:D:D how's it going now? I can't stop thinking about it! :P

The other staff don't want it on the server due to security issues or some such.

Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:21 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

One of the things you did in the map caused something to crash, I think.

Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:47 pm 

Skillers wrote:
One of the things you did in the map caused something to crash, I think.

No, the map never crashed. That's certain, because I NEVER SENT IT.

All I asked was for the server to be set to force a reset of client-side radar alpha on map change. It can be done in mani, but I was told no because the server wouldn't be on mani for long and that it would be on sourcemod. So I found a plugin for sourcemod that would run the command needed to change the client-side radar, but nothing happened from there.

EDIT:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=513074

Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:49 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Ah, yes, Si hasn't put it on SourceMod yet because he's been very busy with Uni, AFAIK.

Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:57 pm 

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Its fears of "if youre executing this... what else are you executing"

Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:17 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Yes, but you take that risk for every single custom map you add to the server. Unless of course you don't trust me...

I'm not exactly about to fill my map with malicious commands. :/

EDIT:

This sourcemod plugin can disable nightvision:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=56863

Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:19 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage

HEYYY i'm BACK y'all ;)
sozz ain't been around on the forums, been busy..especially exams grr xD
anyway, how's the map going? Is it still not up yet Met. :'(

Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:21 pm 
 Profile E-mail