It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:44 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post Post subject: Re: de_tchs_fusion

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Azraeleus wrote:
Looking good wigo. Water on the bottom floor is very cool. Also should stop people wanting to use the bottom bomb point all the time cause its impossibly to be stealthy.

But maybe blow a whole in something and have a pipe running water down in there? gives a reason as to why its there xP

It could just be infiltrating through the building. There doesn't need to be a hole. ;)

Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:43 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: wigouche
lol yeah was thinking the same erlyer (forgot bout it though lol ) was thinking of a hole in the swers with a realy small waterfall typ entity then it should look right lol
EDIT and some greate on the flor in there so u cn see y there mite b water lol

Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:43 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Steam Login Name: djenkins2840
Sounding uber then ;D

EDIT: And met water is not some sort of spy xP

Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:48 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

lol thx yeah theres no spy on my map lol (eventhough sm1 has gone around this secure fussion reactor making the door openable by ne1 and spryin where to go on the walls :P)

Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:54 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Wigouche wrote:
lol thx yeah theres no spy on my map lol (eventhough sm1 has gone around this secure fussion reactor making the door openable by ne1 and spryin where to go on the walls :P)

Hmm, most cunning. I hope you catch the bugger trying to help the players like that. ><

Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:56 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Steam Login Name: djenkins2840
I think the blame si emote is neccessary here but I do not know how to make it show up xD

:blamesi:

Last edited by Si on Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
its :blamesi: ;)

Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

lol map upload delayed 3d skybox got lost in the post lol :P

Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:12 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

the final v on its way nearly though i realy need a final b play test with plenty of peeps cheak theres realy nothink iv mised or wrong with it ( holes glitches and the such )

latest v not uploaded yet

Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:23 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Feel free to put it on public for testing.

Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:27 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

lol i was goin 2 lol :P

Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:28 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: sparksftw
Problems:

Can't pickup kit in lower bombsite
Secondary T spawn majorly offsets the balance, terrorists reach bottom bombsite before CT's get there.
Too much stuff on the map, insanely cluttered up, "Hes behind the 4th box, 3rd row, 3 floors above the bottom floor" O_O MY BRAIN
Camping spots galore
No sniper nest
Some vents seem "unneeded" so to speak, like they could just be an open area
Upper bombsite has EIGHT camping spots, not including the vents.
Lower bombsite is just whoa, you cant hit the enemy due to the boxes in your way.
You could remove some noclip brushes so people can boost up onto some crates.
CT spawn is in the middle, meaning terrorists are already up your face before you even get to a bombsite.

Sorry if it seems like ripping your map apart, but that is how i feel.

Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:41 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
the map worked v well last night for us in the final ;)

Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:42 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

to oggy my reply in the order u sed ....

-never found tht iv always been able 2
-kind of the point other wise is majorly over ct balanced
-the clutter is needed other wise thw map is majorly to open + sort out ir tatics better and it wouldnt b so confusing lol
-was part of the design to be able to camp easily rather thn being in the open all the time
-lack of sniper was it the design its not designed as a sniper map in ne way
the vents are there as sumin different from the norm open areas to be more intresting
-it is so its easy to defend as if t get up there ( whitch is hard in the first place) ct will av a hard tome to take them out compared to the lower bombsite , dun as a form of balance
-the boxes arew there as cover ( as in u can hide behide them its easy to get the hige ground n take peeps out easily
- the invise bruses are the to prevent tht on purpose if u cant get to ur not suposed to get there if u do it screws up the balance even more / can then reach glitches in the map
- most times u get there at the same time if u go there straight away + of its closer the ct cna just rush the t spawn , its harder to defend the bottom as t so its still easy enouth 2 win as ct then

Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:01 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

having played it in the final, was a v good map :p

Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:57 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

- Ok, nevermind me then, despite the blatant fact in me standing over the defuse kit without one, it refusing to be picked up while the bomb was ticking.
- The bombsites already have about 5 entrances to one bombsite, you can get 6-way raped anywhere you are.
- You dont seem to understand, when there are 6 identical boxes, and everything is symmetrical, it's hard to tell the person on teamspeak where the other guy was when he killed you, but this is not a major pub killer.
- Opinion here.
- Then i don't see why this was in cutthroat(no offense, it's not a bad map at all, the concept is interesting, but you want maps that in any way shape or form can offer equal oppurtunities for every weapon in the game)
The vents are fine, but when it takes 15 seconds(I timed it) to get from one end of the vent to the other... i'm just not too sure, perhaps make the so you can stand up?
- It's easy to defend yes, if the terrorists wouldn't have the ability to throw flashes OVER the objects, completely nullifying the cover, and they can rush in from the vents.
- Yes, boxes are for cover, but on a head on gunfight? It's just going to drag out
- You cant glitch the map unless the skybox wall is place about 1 mile from the actual end of the map, you would just fall off and have to kill yourself... And how does it screw up balance? When the only places you can boost onto are near T spawn and would be useless to both teams, more as a feature, not a necessity.
- Yes, but the essence of DE_ maps is to defend, have a look at dust2, it's T sided, yet the CT's have to defend, you offered multiple entrance points which is good, but you wen't further and made it the opposite and make it near impossible for the CT's to get in position by the time the terrorists already arrive and are flashing you in every single spot.[/quote]

Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:43 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Wynney wrote:
the map worked v well last night for us in the final ;)

Your team would have won anyway Wynney. ><

Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:04 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

- all i cn say is lol to tht lol
- this bomb site reqires ab notmal tatics to be honest the concept is different to normal lay out
- in real battles u cnt get tld were the gy is tht killed ur mate lol , but yeah its realy a case tht u need to learn the map not 1 tht u cn just instantly pick up as many peeps showed lol but the final was a gr8 fight on it cause of it in my oppinion
- yeah i know i was just sayin was in the design concept
- it was in it as a few peeps sed thy wnted it and teh admins thought b good to have a home biult map on the comp , i do agree after seeing it in use 4 matches its dnt wrk 4 them but not for tht reason there are vvvv few maps tht u cn use every wepon effectivly because of the maps design
-lol iv seen maps were it takes over 1:30 to just get to a bomb site ( without being shot at n tht ) n it was used in a semi pro leage lol
-if u coulndt flash it would b imposable to get in there u got to av a chance
- i dnt see the problem with tht thyl never last realy tht long
- in erlyer v peep used the crate to rush t spawn completly screwin up the balence, ( glitch thing u cn reach the edge of the map tht on 1 side is away deon the wall (needed for vents )so u cn gt under neeth and thn shoot into the map to kll peeps as the walls in the under map arnt thik so bulltist do straght through )
- i desided tht having a bomb site to defend and 1 tht mite have to offend migght be good and ur the first to complain of it , iv seen quite a few maps like it tht peeps love

overall i quite happy with it n not doin nething else to it i know its no where near perfect but its not shit ether its got it own unique feel tht u oviously dnt like but many peeps do , though id say its a lot better for public thn matches but i couldnt sat tht till we used it

Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:06 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Put it on FPSB (which IIRC I've said before)

Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:33 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

- Yes, let's not remove a massive bug in the map.
- You can't even use non normal tactics as the terrorists cut you off before you can do anything.
- Thing is, conceptually good, but it causes mass confusion, i know the map inside out, but to people who don't know it, it's not quite that easy. Also, cs:s is not real life, not quite an argument...
- Fair enough
- Yeah, a home built map wasn't a bad idea when on paper, but it translated to be... not so good. I think the bajillion TCHS tags got the advertising across.
- 1:30 to get to a bombsite? No, no pro maps have that, the most I've seen is 20 seconds, unless you use the most non-direct path and even then(mill sewers to b takes 40 seconds)
- It would be possible, by modifying the entrances a bit not to be so straightforward in, but perhaps feature a crate on each ramp, which would help the balance by quite a bit, as it's a coin toss, if the enemy is behind the crate, you flashed him, if he isn't you will die.
- Fair enough.... Add a noclip brush around the map, or make skybox fit the map snug.
- What you did do with this though, is make the lower bombsite easy to take over and the top floor one near impossible.

Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:39 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

- a bug tht ur the first and to my knoledge only person to get i did a cheak and where ever i droped it i could still pick it up so dno wha happened to u
- u oviously havnt worked out good non norm tatics then cause when its played most times ct ic seen ct tend dto win more thn t
- lol i didnt av a prob we wwere prity much just saying wha floor there on n though we tended to get owned not norm cuase we didnt know where thy wer but cause thy out guned us lol
-
- lol yeah we know now neway lol :P hehe
- have u played every map used in every leage ... i think not so u cnt say tht realy lol id find it but i cleared my map files ages ago and not seen it since ( as i only play on the tchs server now lol )
- im not sure wha u mean but as i sed not editing the map unless i do sorta major new v at some point
-
- match wise when we did it seemed fine lower hard to deffend so if planed there ct had an easy time if we got to the top wed hold them off ( except 4 major out guning daam thy lol) though works better on pub as cts dnt care to deffent a point tht ur unlikely to encounter an enamy much lol

Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:14 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

lol in the final when t went to the lower site we just owned them from behind :P (take vents down to lower) and flashed the hell out of them from higher levels :)

and we had no prob on t either, but seeing as we had won we just stopped trying after xD

Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:49 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Banned
Banned

Steam Login Name: link0704
lol its a good map just got to get it around now and hopfuly people will love it

Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:04 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Steam Login Name: De4dCh1ck3n
if you uploaded this to fpsb couldnt somebody grab it, put it on there server but rename it and totally steal youre credit? or is there a way to stop name change?

20:28 - [TCHS] Nannal DVORAK!: Down with met, nannal for mod!

Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:35 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Well they can't decompile it (it's protected) and it has TECHIOUS in massive letters, so it would be hard to steal effectively, lol. But yes, it's theoretically possible, it's why you get those secret rooms with credits in (this map has that aswell). Plus, FPSB has a report theft thing.

Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:47 pm 

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Steam Login Name: De4dCh1ck3n
ooh this map has secret rooms, where? id love to know/take credit :S (btw i cant make a css map without braking the spawns :S :( )

20:28 - [TCHS] Nannal DVORAK!: Down with met, nannal for mod!

Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:29 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next